Unleash your inner werewolf and win a role in our next personalized novel or other great prizes!
To celebrate our 1st anniversary and the release of Night Wolf, our latest personalized novel for teens, Teen Book By You® is holding a Wolf Howl contest to see how 'wild' our fans are!
Create a video where you give your best, scariest, wildest wolf howl, then post the link on the Wall of the Teen Book By You® Facebook page from October 21 through December 3, 2010. Our editors will judge the videos for best howl and creativity, and the ultimate winner will receive a role in our next Teen Book By You®, Romance By You® or Mystery By You® personalized novel.
Tips: Don't hold back! Show off your best howl and feel free to get creative (costume, background, props, anything suitable to the werewolf theme). Videos can be anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes long. See Video Submissions Guidelines section of rules for more details.
2. Visit the Teen Book By You Facebook page and become a fan by clicking the "Like" button.
3. Post a link to the video on our Facebook page Wall from October 21 - December 3, 2010.
That's it! Our editors will judge videos for howling ability and creativity. Winners will be announced on December 10, 2010. NOTE: This contest is in no way affiliated with Facebook.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. The Wolf Howl contest begins on October 20, 2010 at 9AM PST and will end on December 10, 2010 at 7PM PST. It's open to all participants who have 'liked' or are a 'Fan' of TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook Page(s) and are citizens of the U.S. or Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) or residents of other countries and jurisdictions where the Contest is permissible by law or regulation.
You must be 13 years of age or older to participate. To win, minors under the age of 18 appearing in videos must have parental or guardian's consent before submitting their video. (We reserve the right to require proof of age prior to awarding prizes.)
This contest is in no way affiliated with Facebook. See complete rules and disclaimers below. Have a question about the contest? Write us at: .
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Book By You Publishing (“Provider”) is conducting a Wolf Howl Video Contest (“Contest”) beginning 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on October 21, 2010, and ending 7:00 PM PST on December 10, 2010 ("Promotional Period"). During the Promotional Period, you may enter by sharing your wolf howl video (“Video Submission”) with TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou by posting a link to your Video Submission to the TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook Page Walls. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. [ Back to top ]
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to all participants that have ‘Liked’ or are a ‘Fan’ of the TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook Page(s) and that are citizens of United States or Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) or residents of other countries and jurisdictions where the Contest is permissible by law or regulation. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is open to legal residents 13 years of age or older. If the winner is under the age of 18, the winner’s parent or legal guardian must give consent. Minors under the age of 18 appearing in any video submitted must have consent of their parent or guardian before submitting such video. Provider reserves the right to require proof of age prior to awarding Prize(s). If others appear in the photo and are significant to the photo or video itself or are recognizable by appearance, each such person must agree to be bound by the terms, conditions, and rules of this contest, prior to submission. [ Back to top ]
Directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents or representatives of Provider and/or its affiliate companies, and their suppliers, as well as the immediate family of the employees (including spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households as the employees, whether related or not, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. [ Back to top ]
3. PRIZE: The entrant of the winning Video Submission will receive a role in a Teen Book By You, Romance By You or Mystery By You novel and a gift certificate for a personalized novel. The second through fifth place Video Submissions will receive a gift certificate for a personalized novel. The (“Prize”) to be given away after the contest period. [ Back to top ]
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The contest is offered electronically via the Internet. To enter, participants must be a registered ‘Fan’ or have ‘Liked’ one of either the TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook pages. Participants must create their own original video footage that best showcases their wolf howl, and submit it by posting a link to it via either of the TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook pages by 7:00 p.m. PST on the final day of the contest period. You will need to post your video to a personal YouTube or other page, then provide a link to your video on either of the TeenBookByYou or RomanceByYou Facebook page walls. [ Back to top ]
- be between ten (10) seconds and three (3) minutes in length;
- contain a title thirty (30) characters or fewer.
Your Video Submission should not include:
- cursing, vulgarity, or any explicit content.
- comments or criticism of other submissions or forum participants.
- email addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, personal information or URLs.
Entrants may not provide copyrighted or other proprietary information to Provider without permission from the owner of such material or rights. Entrants are solely responsible for obtaining such permission and for any damages resulting from unauthorized disclosures or infringement. Provider is under no obligation to use any submission. All materials and the compilation of all content included in this Contest are owned or licensed by Provider and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Copyright © 2010 Book By You Publishing. All Rights Reserved. Provider does not claim ownership of copyrights owned by third parties. Provider reserves the right to edit or to refrain from posting any submission in its sole discretion. [ Back to top ]
5. CONTEST SELECTION: Selection will be December 10, 2010 from all eligible entries received. Entries will be reviewed by a panel of Provider’s editors who will award winning prizes to the Video Submission that reflects the most creativity, originality and best quality. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible video entries received. [ Back to top ]
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution or transfer, of prize will be allowed. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant via email, telephone or Facebook within 9 days of the selection date. The selected entrant will be contacted on Facebook and will be required to confirm their name, telephone number, address and his/her eligibility before being declared a winner. If the selected entrant cannot confirm eligibility or cannot be contacted within two (2) weeks of the selection date, that entrant will be disqualified and another eligible entry will be selected. Provider is not responsible for any loss, theft or misuse of the prize. To be declared an official winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance.
The selected entrant will be required to complete, sign and return to
Provider a Declaration and
Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. The winner will then be sent a confirmation
notification instructing him/her how to claim the prize. If the selected entrant fails to return the
Declaration and Release form and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing
mathematical question, that entrant will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be
By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form,
the entrant (i) confirms
compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the
Provider, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and respective advertising and promotional agencies from
all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the
acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Provider at their option, to publish or otherwise use the entrant’s name, address, photograph, video submission, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Provider or their respective advertising agencies. [ Back to top ]
7. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Book By You Publishing, which are final. Provider reserves the right to edit or to refrain from posting any submission in its sole discretion. [ Back to top ]
8. DISQUALIFICATION: Provider is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this contest or the operation of the TeenBookByYou, RomanceByYou or MysteryByYou Facebook page(s) will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Provider reserves the right to terminate the entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control Book By You Publishing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the contest. [ Back to top ]
9. APPLICABLE LAWS: This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. [ Back to top ]
10. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: By participating in the contest, each entrant
agrees to release and
hold harmless Book By You Publishing and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. [ Back to top ]
11. DATA PROTECTION NOTICE: The TeenBookByYou, RomanceByYou and MysteryByYou Facebook
page(s) enables you to submit user-generated content. If you provide
content, by completing a Video Submission or submitting other content
for the contest, you grant Book By You Publishing a worldwide,
non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully
sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish,
translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display what
you have submitted throughout the world in any media. You also grant
Provider the right to use the name you submit with the Video Submission
(or other content), if any. Submissions and other content posted reflect
the opinions of the contest participants and in no way reflect the
opinion of or are endorsed by Provider. Provider does not guarantee the
accuracy or reliability of any information provided in its Facebook
page(s) or website. Provider makes no representation or warranty with
respect to it’s Facebook page(s) or website and assumes no liability for
incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods,
profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any
forum participant. [ Back to top ]